Psychology & Counselling
Sanctuary offers someone to talk to in confidence about your problems, life issues, family and relationships. Most importantly, you don't need to be 'unwell' or have a 'diagnosis' to benefit from seeing a Psychologist.
Meet our Clinical Psychologists
Roger is a respected and experienced clinical psychologist who helps people with a range of problems including depression, anxiety, relationship issues and many more.
Eva brings over 15 years experience to her work in clinical and health psychology. She is committed to you living a full and meaningful life through a better understanding of yourself and your environment.
Call to book an appointment with our Clinical Psychologist today on 02 9506 0400 or request an appointment online
About Psychology & Counselling
Psychology employs a range of strategies to address and manage everyday problems as well as life-impacting illnesses, including:
- Work stress
- Relationship and family problems
- Life transitions
- Child-related issues
- Finding a sense of meaning, purpose and hope in life
- Coping with an illness or diagnosis
- Mental health problems such as anxiety and depression
- Enduring mental illness such as Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia
- Addictive behaviours such as eating disorders
- Preventing suicide
- Traumatic events and grief counselling
- Behaviour disorders such as ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Anger management
How it helps
- Balance your emotions and psyche
- Identify and improve awareness of your issues and motivations and learn strategies to address them
- Experience a strong sense of meaning, hope and purpose in life
- Build confidence in making life decisions and achieving life goals
- Feel more at peace with yourself – an essential part of healthy living
- Connect more fully in your relationships – learn to give and serve more freely
- Develop more positive and rational behaviours, attitudes, and reactions
- Become stronger, healthier and happier in all aspects of your life
Relationship and Family Counselling
Relationships can become challenging for most of us at one time or another. Whether it’s coping with a new baby or uncontrollable teenagers, to dealing with marriage boundaries or growing apart, counselling is a way to help you through. Relationship counselling offers an open and safe environment for couples and families to express their needs and fears and effectively deal with resentment and conflict.
Sleep issues are often a result of stress and tension. Your quality of sleep can be assessed sensewear armband. Working together with our GP and our Psychologist will help identify the potential root of your sleep issues and work with you to develop strategies to ensure improved emotional wellbeing and related quality of sleep.